Burger Island is a simulation game, allocated in an adventure environment of an exotic island. The protagonist of this story had has the misfortune of getting stuck in this island and has lost everything, so she needs a job to survive. That’s how she got employed at a burgers and snacks beach stand. Soon she’s surprised by its owners who decide to retire and leave the stand to her! You will have to help her work at the stand, making burger sandwiches, fries and milk shakes but, besides, you will have to undertake exotic adventures to get the ingredients, getting in touch with the original tribes.
It’s an amusing game which is designed with a comic aesthetic, as many simulation games like this one. It’s good to mention that it has some interesting advantages like, for example, that you’ll be able to choose among three action difficulty levels: Kiddie Size, Regular, and Jumbo Size. Besides, in the Options panel you’ll be able to set up the music and voice volume, screen size and image display quality as well, to make it suitable to the requirements of your PC and get a better performance.
While it’s a simple and easy to learn game, you’ll have available tutorials to practice and learn how to play, and also html help included in the installer, so you don’t need Internet access to read it.
Some of the disadvantages we can mention, besides that the game can be somewhat routinely once you get practice on it, are:
- The trial version is full featured, but you’ll be interrupted to see the ads from sponsors. If you want to play without any interruptions you’ll have to buy the full licensed version, which costs $19.99 and has a link in the trial version.
- To install the game you’ll have to be online, since the link only downloads an executable file which redirects your web browser to a full download, through the MostFun web page.
The systems requirements are the following:
• Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista
• Pentium III 800Mhz or better Windows compatible PC
• 128 MB System RAM
• 100 MB of Hard Disk free space
• Monitor SVGA with 800x600 pixels resolution
• Internet Explorer 5.0+, AOL 5,6 or MSN browsers
• Direct-X 7 or above
• Keyboard & mouse required
• Joystick and game pad are not supported
• Vista Minimum Requirements: 800 MHz modern processor, 512 MB RAM, a graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.
- The trial version is full featured
- It’s easy to learn and it has a very nice aesthetic
- It includes html help in the installer
- You’ll be able to play three different levels
- The trial version is interrupted by ads from sponsors
- The download is only a partial download for an executable file which redirects your web browser to a full download
- You can’t jump between levels without properly playing them
- It doesn’t allow playing with joystick or game pad